If your anything like me and just can’t stand the taste of porridge but at the same time want to smother yourself in it because of its health benefits then you’ve come to the right place. This porridge tastes more like a dessert than a healthy breakfast (perfect for those with a naughty sweet tooth) and with winter coming up makes it the perfect way to start a chilly morning. It’s also vegan and vegetarian friendly!
- 1 apple chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or your preferred choice)
- Dash of water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
(Not included in macros)
- Fresh fruit of your choice
- sprinkle of desiccated coconut, flaked almonds and chia seeds
- Protien: 6g (I like to add a scoop of unflavored protein powder which brings it to 26g)
- Carbs: 51g
- Fat: 6.5g (All healthy, naturally occurring fats)
- Fibre: 8g
- Add the chopped apple, brown sugar, cinnamon and a dash of water to your pot and allow to caramelize for a few minutes.
- Once slightly golden add in your oats and almond milk, allow to thicken and transfer to serving bowl.
- Top with fresh fruit, nuts and desiccated coconut and ENJOY!
Let me know if you try this recipe and how you find it! (It’s too good not to try!)